Powerline Replacement Fund
The Powerline Replacement Fund (PRF) will see powerlines in the highest risk bushfire areas replaced with insulated overhead, underground powerlines or new conductor technologies.
Funding for the $200 million PRF is being directed in stages to priority areas identified in conjunction with the Fire Services Commissioner, Energy Safe Victoria, the Department and technical experts.
The Fund will be directed at replacing both High Voltage (HV) and Private Overhead Electric Lines (POELs) in highest priority Local Government Areas (LGAs). The POEL funding is allocated to the following Local Government Areas:
- Baw Baw
- East Gippsland
- Golden Plains
- Greater Bendigo
- Greater Geelong
- Macedon Ranges
- Mount Alexander
- Surf Coast
- South Gippsland
- Southern Grampians
- Yarra Ranges
If you believe you meet the eligibility criteria, but have not received an invitation to apply in the mail, please contact the Program Manager, Powerline Replacement Fund at firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone on (03) 9092 1889.
For more information read the Frequently Asked Questions regarding the program.
See videos of the Powerline Replacement Fund in action, featuring an insight into the undergrounding of a Private Overhead Electrical Line and grasp the scale of replacing High Voltage powerlines.
Important information for applicants
- Application guidelines and terms of participation Application-Guidelines-and-Terms-of-Participation.docx (DOCX 450.23 KB)
- General terms of grant for POEL owners General-Terms-of-Grant-for-POEL-Owners.doc (DOCX 455.82 KB)
- POEL owner application form POEL-Owner-Application-Form.docx (DOCX 433.92 KB)
- Step by step instructions for POEL owners Step-by-step-guide-for-POEL-owners.docx (DOCX 436.82 KB)
- Background information for POEL owners Backgrounder-for-POEL-owners.docx (DOCX 446.8 KB)
View the list of Registered Electrical Contractors Registered Electrical Contractors (XLS 126.5 KB) who are participating in the Powerline Replacement Fund.
Important information for Registered Electrical Contractors
- Supplier application form POEL_Supplier_Application_Form.docx (DOCX 452.08 KB)
- Quote template for RECs REC-Quote-Template.docx (DOCX 433.92 KB)
- Background information for RECs POEL_Backgrounder_for_RECs_Stage_5.docx (DOCX 442.61 KB)
- Step by step guide for RECs POEL_Step_by_step_guide_for_RECs_Stage_5.docx (DOCX 443.3 KB)
- Assessment methodology PRF-POEL-Assessment-Methodology-V2.docx (DOCX 443.89 KB)